J. Das, S. Gomis, J.B. Chen, H. Yousefi, S.Ahmed, A. Mahmud, W. Zhou, E. H. Sargent, S.O. Kelley
Nature Chemistry, 2021, 14, 428-434.
“Efficient Recovery of Potent Tumor-Infiltrating Lymphocytes Through Quantitative Immunomagnetic Cell Sorting.”
Z. Wang, S. Ahmed, M. Labib, H. Wang, X. Hu, J. Wei, Y. Yao, J. Moffat, E.H. Sargent, S.O. Kelley.
Nature Biomedical Engineering, 2022, 6, 108-117.
“Tracking the Expression of Therapeutic Protein Targets in Rare Cells by Antibody-Mediated Nanoparticle Labelling and Magnetic Sorting.”
M. Labib, Z. Wang, S.U. Ahmed, R.M. Mohamadi, B. Duong, B. Green, E.H. Sargent
Nature Biomedical Engineering, 2021, 5, 41-52.
News & Press
- Apr 2022: Shana awarded a Guggenheim Fellowship to further the group’s work on new sensor technologies.
- Mar 2022: Jenise successfully defends her Ph.D. and take a position at Roche.
- Jan 2022: Daniel’s paper “Efficient recovery of potent tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes through quantitative immunomagnetic cell sorting.” published in Nature Biomedical Engineering.
- Jan 2022: David’s paper “Rapid on-cell selection of high-performance human antibodies.” published in ACS Central Science.
- Jan 2022: Kimberly and Abby join the NU research group as first year graduate students.
Advances in genomic and proteomic methods now allow classification of disease based on molecular profiling.
We are developing new technology platforms that allow single cell level information to be collected on billions of cells with a high level of throughput. We have applied our approaches to cell profiling to the development of assays for liquid biopsy, disease screening, cell therapy development and therapeutic target discovery.
Controlling the intracellular localization of synthetic molecules is essential for effective drug development. Nonetheless, rational control over intracellular trafficking of small molecules has remained a challenge. Our work has focused on mitochondrial targeting with a versatile peptide based vector that promotes efficient cellular uptake and strong mitochondrial localization.